19 August 2010

Advancement Summit, July 28

Today I had the opportunity to attend a Council of Advancement and Support of Education Master Class on Social Media and Educational Advancement. This area of University Advancement is of particular interest to me and so I always seek out professional development opportunities such as this. Previous Director of CASE Asia Pacific, Krista Slade, was kind enough to link me with the right people to attend.

Ironically the keynote speaker, Andy Shaindlin, from LA was someone I heard speak a couple years ago at another CCAE conference in Kelowna, British Columbia, where he was equally as inspiring.

This summit included advancement professionals from all the major post secondary institutions throughout Singapore and was extremely worthwhile.

I look forward this year to pursuing more of these opportunities outside of my studies.

No comments:

Post a Comment