19 August 2010

Raffles Hotel & Little India July 22

Today after breakfast the other house guest, Jil from Australia who runs a centre in East Timour, went touring on the Singapore 'Hop on Hop off' bus. I totally love those in whatever city I may find myself as they enable you to have much flexibility.

We window shopped on orchard road for the first time...and they really do have every single high end name brand you could possible think of on one street.

Raffles Hotel: Of course we had to stop in to have the famous Singapore Sling at the Raffles Hotel which was absolutely a beautiful building and glimse into colonial history. Jil and I actually split the drink, as it was quite strong for the middle of the afternoon and $25 SGD just for one;)

Little India: We ended up walking through most of little India which was an eye opening experience for me. Everything from the open market baskets of hot peppers and spices to the endless stores selling nothing but gold jewellery and the beading garments were all quite something to take in amongst the crowded side streets. Nonetheless, I am truly fascinated by this culture and hope to learn much more during my stay.

No comments:

Post a Comment