17 August 2010

First day in Singapore! July 20

Woke up @ 5:30 a.m. and was already to start my day shortly after. Had a nice visit with the maids at the house who were very kind and made my meals each day. Mel is from Kuwait, and Myrana from the Philippines. After breakfast, the father, Pok Zin, took me with him to his office in the financial district of Singapore. His assistant took me to open a bank account with POSB which was a good first thing to get off the 'to do' list.

Lunch today was at the Tanglin Club, a members only British club, with a family friend of theirs who owns a scuba-diving company in Australia- the first of many interesting people I would soon meet. There are many clubs on the island that people belong to, many of which are associated with joint memberships for golf courses.

I was able to get a 'high card' for my new Singapore mobile in the afternoon and also get my transportation ez link card- used for both the MRT (mass rapid transit) and buses.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing your pictures and stories with all of us. You are very inspiring! Thinking and praying for you! Luv Emilie

    ReplyDelete